Neill is the resident Chef for Greybe Olive Oil, bringing customers beautifully created dishes and pairings with their select range of delicious olive products from Greece and South Africa.
More recently, Neill returned to Cape Town where he became a personal chef, cooking for clients in the comfort of their own homes. Neill also has his own, very popular and acclaimed, television series on Food Network.
Orange olive oil cake, blood oranges & crème fraiche
By Neill Anthony
|4||WHOLE BLOOD ORANGES|
|100ml||WILLOW CREEK DIRECTORS’ RESERVE EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL|
|1tsp (5ml)||BAKING POWDER|
|ICING SUGAR FOR DUSTING|
|2 DESSERT SPOONS||CRÉME FRAICHE|
|DRIZZLE||DOLEON ORANGE FLAVOURED EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL|
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees
- Place the blood oranges into a small saucepan and cover with water
- Simmer over a medium heat for about an hour
- Remove from heat, allow to cool
- Place the oranges into blender and puree
- Add eggs plus Willow Creek olive oil (100ml) and drizzle of Doleon orange olive oil whilst blending
- Add dry ingredients to blender till incorporated (or mix together in a large bowl)
- Pour into round, greased cake tin
- Place in oven and bake to 40-45min or till cake has risen and is light brown in colour
- Remove from oven when cooked
FOR THE CRÈME FRAICHE:
- Mix drizzle of Doleon orange olive oil with crème fraiche
- Add a splash of whisky and combine
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with crème fraiche mixture.