Roast rolled leg of pork with sesame potatoes and apple sauce with wild garlic
A Sunday dinner with a difference. They’ll definitely be no left overs!
Pork by Puddledub Pork & Fifeshire Bacon Co.
Roast Rolled Leg of Pork
Rolled leg of pork with the skin deeply scored
Tbsp of sesame seeds
Oil for roasting
2 or 3 Bramley apples
Some diluted elderflower cordial or water
Wild garlic – 10 leaves and flowers for decoration
1. Leave pork at room temperature for an hour, to take the chill off and make the cooking more even.
2. Set oven to highest temperature.
3. Rub the pork skin with salt and some olive oil.
4. Cook for 20 mins to half an hour until skin is beginning to ‘crackle’ but not too brown. Turn oven down to med 180 / gas 5. and roast for a further hour. Allowing approx 30 mins. per kilo for the meat.
5. Leave to rest in a warm place for 15 mins. Meanwhile, while the pork is cooking:-
6. Peel the potatoes, toss in sunflower oil and put into a hot roasting tin and into the oven for an hour or until brown 15 mins before they are cooked sprinkle with sesame seeds and return to the oven until the seeds are just brown. Be careful not to let burn.
7. Peel the apples, and cook in a saucepan with elderflower cordial if available or water, and dessert spoon of brown sugar.
8. Cook until just soft and beginning to break up. When cooked take off the heat and mix in 10 leaves of washed wild garlic – shredded. Serve with a nice green vegetable, cabbage or spinach
Puddledub Pork attend the market on the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th Saturday of each month.