Find out what's new and exciting at Edinburgh Farmers' Market here. All the activities that are happening at the market and awards that stallholder have won, as well as details of all in-season produce.
Vacancy – Farmers’ Market Supervisor
We are recruiting for a Farmers’ Market Supervisor to look after the operation of the market each Saturday. Please find details of the role below. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 14th April 2017.
POST: Farmers’ Market Supervisor
REPORTING TO: Farmers’ Market Manager
LOCATION: 139 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4JY
STATUS: Part time (Saturdays only) 5am-5pm
SALARY: £11.25 per hour with 6 days paid holiday per annum
To be responsible for the preparation, delivery, supervision and management of the Edinburgh Farmers’ Market by Essential Edinburgh.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The roles and responsibilities for this post are as follows:
- -Ensure that the Farmers’ Market i.e. stalls, ancillary equipment, parking arrangements, signage is set up to deliver a safe & quality market.
- -That all necessary equipment for the market is prepared at the market location, unloaded and that the market is set up as required.
- -Ensure that all market and event equipment is maintained to a high standard and ready before the operation of any event.
- -Ensure that all policies and procedures (particularly health and safety) are adhered to by all staff and contractors at events & markets that Essential Edinburgh is responsible for.
- -Ensure that the Company’s Wind Management Plan is operated.
- -Ensure that at the end of the Farmers’ Market, that all equipment is correctly stored.
- -Provide communication for the general public, stakeholders and stallholders.
- -Manage all staff reporting to the position so as to effectively train, evaluate, motivate, delegate, recruit and monitor their activities according to company policy and ensure that relevant HR procedures are followed.
- -Use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles experienced during the Farmers’ Market.
- -Maintain and develop existing and new customers through good management and effective communication with them, to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- -Carry out any duties that are required for the smooth operation of the Farmers’ Market.
- -Assist with the recruitment of staff required for the Farmers’ Market.
- -Other reasonable duties as required by the Farmers Market Manager.
The output of the staff under the control of the Farmers’ Supervisor is of vital importance to the company, the stall holders and customers of the market. The Farmers’ Market Supervisor will therefore ensure that the performance of their staff will be to the highest standards.
Knowledge of legal requirements for operating markets and events.
Confident in dealing with members of the public, suppliers and staff.
High levels of attention to detail.
Good problem solving abilities and high level of competency.
Effective and confident communicator
Ability to proactively seek ways to improve performance
Health and Safety IOSH qualification
First Aid certificate
Competent in using the Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge of electricals.
CLOSING DATE for applications is 14th April 2017.